*Almost all videos videos are saved under jharris class share/3Focus/Assignments, for school use
Go to www.code.org/learn
Work through Code Combat, snip the first world, or as far as you complete, and turn it in, or the Khan Academy Lesson and snip your drawings into a new PowerPoint.
Name these drawings Last First Hour of Code.
Create a PowerPoint including:
Slide 1 Title, High School and Beyond Plan
Slide 2 Interests and Abilities (from WOIS, table of general interest areas)
Slide 3 Paste or insert 4 year plan
Slide 4 Exams required for graduation, fromm course description book
Slide 5 Post Secondary Programs, under WOIS, Interest and Abilities results, education, select one area of study.
Slide 6 Resume assignment, snipped or insert object
Slide 7 Budget after High School, from career and income, pasted
Slide 8 Volunteer activities (to be filled out as completed)
Slide 9 Thanks you, are there any questions?
Colorize the photo as shown in the video, colorize an additional WWI picture, snip the before and after and put it into a Word document, so there should be the GI b/w, GI color, WWI original, WWI in color.
Wois Assignment: ****Keep in mind we need the college research and career research for the High School and Beyond Plan**
Go to Wois.org, use BKA113 for the site key.
Create a profile by clicking on Create a new Profile in the top right, so you can access your test results in the future.
Click on Assessments, take the Career Interest Areas test (in the middle area of the page), Interest Profiler, and Skills Assessment
The WOIS assignment is here. Save it as Last First WOIS. Fill it out using the results for each test.
Video for Cruising Pahokee_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Color Code information to be discussed in class.
Color Code PowerPoint
(good for poster information)
If you are having trouble thinking of your own slides:
Slide 1, title
Slide 2, description of your color
Slide 3, how you are like your color
Slide 4, how you are not like your color
Slide 5, Strengths of your color
Slide 6, Limitiations of your color
Slide 7, good careers for your color
Slide 8, sources, ask the audience if they have any questions
Color Code Test. Click on Free personality test, make up an account using a fake or real email address, take the test, copy and paste and save the results in a word document.
When you turn in the PowerPoint, turn it in like this:
Turn in the completed projects to the inbox. For the inbox, you have to right click on the inbox icon, then drag the icon to the desktop, lift up the right mouse button and choose create shortcut, and drop the completed assignments into the inbox folder. If you drag the entire inbox to the desktop, I’ll never receive the file. If you try to drag the completed file into the entire inbox and not the shortcut, it seems to just give me a shortcut instead of the actual data file. If I only get a shortcut, I can’t grade your work when you are not logged in.
For the brochure, be sure to look at the example. The brochure is completed using Microsoft Publisher, found under Start, Programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher. Be sure to click on number 2 to get to the second page.
Refer to the Color Code document and PowerPoint we looked at in class for the Color Code PowerPoint Presentation for information to use to create the brochure.
Save files with Period_Lname_Finitial_assignment. Ex. 5_Smith_J_Pahokee
Greeting Card Turn in to the Inbox, keep a copy for yourself if you want, if the printer is working.
1. Complete the WOIS assignment and turn in, call it WOIS. The Site Key is needed. I have it on the board while we complete the assignment, it is also in the version of the assignment in the share drive.
2. Next, complete the Career Bridge assignment, and turn in, call it Career Bridge.
3. With the information you learned about the careers, choose one career, Use the Career Data Step 2 form to research for the Career Magazine. We will turn in the Career Magazine.
Today we are going to begin a new project called "The Dream Team". I will go over the project and then you will begin working on the various aspects. For this project, I will be your boss/project manager. I will oversee every aspect of your project and it must be done to my satisfaction before you move on to the next step.
You must do each step in order.
Click here for the Introduction
Click here for the Planning Sheet
To edit the planning sheet, save it, then open it in Adobe Acrobat X Pro.
Go to Tools (on the top right)
Click Add or Edit textbox
Click and type, turn it in to the inbox when finished. Save it as period_LastNameFirstInitial_pg 1 Planning Form
Using your planning sheet from yesterday, you will write a memo to your boss (Mr. Harris) about your decisions for your team.
You will need to open up a Word document and select a Memo Template.
When you are finished, name your document appropriately and
1. Save it to the drive with your name
2. Submit to the Inbox
Click on this document and open it in Adobe Acrobat X Pro Complete it by creating a logo in InDesign or Paint or Photoshop and copy the logo, complete it and turn it into the inbox as period_LnameF_DTLogo.
Click here for roster instruction sheet (to be used as in structions). Using the document linked below as a guide, type a roster in Microsoft Word. When you are finished, drag it into the inbox as, "Period_LnameF_DTRoster (turn in the Word document only). Even if you have a small team, like a band, have at least 8 people in your roster.
Use the Internet and other resources to create a team roster
Use the Internet to research players you would like to have on your team
Use any current or retired pro athlete, or athletes currently in college
Note: you cannot use more than four athletes from any one existing team
Today you will be designing custom letterhead and envelopes for your Dream Team. Your design should utilize your team colors in some fashion and be professional and eye catching. Font and additional graphic choices should compliment your logo and the business.
Your letterhead should include the following information in the header:
2. Contact information: Address, phone and fax numbers
The body of your letterhead should include a graphic watermark.
It should also include a footer with the following information:
For the envelope, just use the top 1/3 of a 1 page word document. Save both of these in a folder called DTLetterhead.
Your envelope should include:
2. Return Address information.
After you have created your letterhead, you need to save it in your H:Drive and call it Period_LastName_Letterhead. You also need to turn it into the InBox.
1. Open up your letterhead template and create the following letter. You need to use the block letter style. Click here for an example of what a Block Letter looks like.
Please address your letter as follows:
17000 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 88765-9987
Paragraph 1--should be a brief introduction stating that you are writing to inform the league of the charity events and fundraisers your team is planning to participate.
Para 2--should include a bulleted list of five local charity events. It should describe the role your team and organization will play at each charity event.
Para 3- It should conclude by telling the commissioner that you are looking forward to building a positive relationship in the community and are eager to play in the upcoming season.
Remember, you need to include a bulleted list in your letter. If you wish, and have time, you may create custom bullets by following the steps below.
Add picture bullets or symbols to a list (Word 2007)
The Bullet Library includes symbol and picture bullet styles. If you don't see the style that you want in the library, you can define a new bullet style.
To change an entire list level in a multilevel list, click one bullet or number at that level in the list.
After you create a bulleted item, each time you press ENTER, another bulleted item is automatically added until you press ENTER twice.
After you finish, go ahead and start on the next assignment, the press release.
Today you will work on a press release. A press release is a document sent to news agencies such as TV stations, radio stations, and newspapers. It is meant to give information about an upcoming event that might be of interest to the public. Click here for an example of a PRESS RELEASE. Use Word to create your document.
Click here for a template of the Press Release.
1. The planning sheet for the press release is required, it is used to help you plan the press release.
As the owner, it is important to make sure that the players’ training facility is fully equipped with proper training equipment for the players to use. In this section, you will generate a list of training equipment for the team’s training facility and the quantity needed of each item.
Use the table feature in Microsoft Word to create an equipment inventory list
•Use the Internet to research the types of training equipment typically used in your particular sport
•Decide on ten different types of equipment and the quantity necessary for each item for a state of the art facility
Things to turn in:
1.Follow the instructions and complete the Planning Form
2.Use Microsoft Word, create a new document
3.Save as Period_lastname_Inventory
4.Set all margins to 1 inch
5.Insert your team logo at the top of the page
6.Below your team logo, center align the name of your team’s facility
7.Below the name of the training facility, center align the following title “Estimated training Equipment Inventory.”
8.Using the table feature, insert a table with 11 rows and 8 columns
9.Be sure to include the column headings from the Planning Form
10.Format the table using your team colors
11.Carefully proofread your work for accuracy, design, spelling and grammar
12.Resave the document
13.Turn?in electronically to the Inbox no later than Wednesday.
A personnel form is used by organizations to collect vital data about their employees. In this project, you will design a personnel form to collect important information about each of your players.
Use the table feature in Microsoft Word to create a player personnel form
*Have at least 30 cells
Turn in the Planning Form (5 points) and the Table (10 points), for this project
Presentation to wrap up this project:
A spreadsheet containing player information and salaries.
1. Copy and paste your roster into an Excel Document
2. Add a column titled SALARY
3. Use the internet to look up average salaries for players and positions
4. Assign each member of your team a salary based on experience and talent
5. Use the Auto Arrange/Sort function to organize salaries lowest to highest
6. Use the Auto Sum function to add team salaries. Be sure to label the cell to the left "Salary Total".
7. Save document in your H Drive. Period_LastName_Salary
Create a schedule using EXCEL for your team. Your schedule should include the following information:
Here is the presentation of what we did today:
1. Put Logo on schedule
2. Put Main title centered at the top.
3. Columns: Date, Opponent, Location, Time
4. Color each row for away games
5. Format professionally
The schedule should have 12 games total. Half should be home and half should be away.
Save document as Period_lastname_schedule and submit to the Inbox.
Today we will continue working on Dream Team Excel Workbook that we began Tuesday and begin an "Mail Merge" Assignment.
1. Open up your saved document and complete the following:
heet 1 and paste to Sheet 2.
Save this as period_Lname_MailMergeInfo
2. Open up a blank Word document and create the following memo. Remember the memo information we used before?
Tomorrow we will complete the mail merge together so your documents need to be finished.
If you are using Word 2007 Click here:
If you are using Word 2003 Click here:
E-4 Projected Revenue from the Ticket Sales
A spreadsheet can be used to calculate values to help a business determine how well a product is performing. In this project, you will create an Excel spreadsheet to project the revenue (sales) that your team will receive from ticket sales. These projections will help the team with budgeting during the season
Use Microsoft Excel to calculate ticket sales revenue
Open the 4 year plan.
Open the 4 year plan PP.
Follow the instructions on the PowerPoint to fill out the 4 year plan.
Today you will be adding charts to your Ticket Sales Spreadsheet. In order to do this, you spreadsheet data must be complete.
Rename your spreadsheet Period_Name_charts
Finish adding your charts to your Ticket Sales Spreadsheets. See directions above for naming and turning in your assignment to the Inbox.
Today you are going to begin using Publisher to design and create various items for your team. The first item is a business card.
DTP-1 Business Card: Marketing your team to the public
A business card is a small, printed card usually containing a person’s name, business affiliation, job title, address, telephone and fax numbers, and email/website addresses. In this project, you will create a business card for yourself as the owner of your dream team. Since you will be talking to and meeting with a lot of people in the community, you will need something to give them so they will remember you and your new team, as well as your contact information.
Use Microsoft Desktop Publishing, design and create a business card
1. Follow the instructions and complete the Planning Form .
2. Show your teacher your planning sheet and get your design approved.
3. Use Microsoft Desktop Publishing, create a new document
4. Save as lastname_DTP-1 Business Card to The Dream Team folder that you have created in your Documents > Focus
5. Set up your document by selecting File, Publications for Print, Business Card.
6. On your document, include the information from one of the sketches you created on the Planning Form
7. Format the size and placement of the text and other elements on the business card so that they are in proportion with each other and project a professional image
8. Arrange your team logo and text to fit your letterhead design
9. Carefully proofread your work for accuracy, design, spelling and grammar
10. Resave the document
11. Turn-in electronically to the Inbox
Today you will be making two items: VIP Ticket and T-shirt
Below are the directions for each assignment. You must complete the planning form for the VIP ticket before beginning this assignment. You will not earn credit for VIP Ticket if you do not get your planning form approved by me first.
DTVIP Pass: Creating a VIP pass for your luxury suite
A VIP (Very Important Person) pass is a special ticket that allows the holder access to premiere locations within a facility. One of the many benefits of being an owner of a professional sports franchise is that you get a luxury suite to watch all of the games. Your task is to create a VIP pass for your guests. The VIP pass will allow your guests access to your luxury box suite for a home game of your choice.
Use Microsoft Desktop Publishing, design and create a VIP pass
1. Print out and follow the instructions and complete the Planning Form
2. Use Microsoft Desktop Publishing, create a new document
3. Save as lastname_DTVIP Pass to The Dream Team folder that you have created in your Documents > Focus
4. Set up your document using the Page Setup Instructions that we went over yesterday.
5. On the blank document, include the information from one of the sketches you created on the Planning Form
6. Add additional elements and/or graphic images that will help illustrate and enhance the look of the pass
7. Format the size and placement of the text and other elements on the VIP pass so that they are in proportion with each other and project a professional image
8. Carefully proofread your work for accuracy, design, spelling and grammar
9. Resave the document
10. Turn?in electronically to the Inbox
DT T shirt Design: Designing a fan T shirt
Any type of T shirt that includes a company logo and slogan offers businesses a walking from of free advertising. In this project, you will design a t shirt for your team to be sold at your stadium as well as in local department stores. The design should include a catchy slogan that really sets your fans apart from all others in the league.
Use Microsoft Desktop Publishing, design and create a T shirt for your fans
1. Copy the image into PowerPoint, right click and save it as a jpg (or get it out of the assignments folder) . You will use this to layout your design.
2. Use Microsoft Desktop Publishing, create a new document
3. Save as Period_lastname_DTtshirt to The Dream Team folder that you have created in your Documents > Focus
4. Set up an appropriate size document and place the t-shirt image on your page
5. Format the size and placement of the text and other elements on the t-shirt so that they are in proportion with each other and project a professional image
6. Carefully proofread your work for accuracy, design, spelling and grammar
7. Resave the document
8. Turn in electronically to the Inbox
Video, sorry, sound doesn’t seem to work, I blame the headphones:
High School and Beyond Plan, Name this PowerPoint Last First High School and Beyond Plan
Create a folder with the name High School and Beyond Plan. Create a PowerPoint with the same name, have the following slides:
1. High School and Beyond Plan, your name
2. Interests and Abilities (from WOIS)
3. Your 4 year plan (Insert Object, File)
4. Exams Required for Graduation and Post Secondary Goals, currently Smarter Balanced ELA test, Biology EOC, and Smarter Balanced Math Test (pg 6 of course description book, plus your job specific test requirments like the LSAT and/or SAT)
5. Post Secondary Programs (from WOIS)
7. Budget (from Career Assignment, 3rd link)
8. Volunteer Experience (to include pictures of your volunteer activities)
9. Thank you, are there any questions?
Include supporting documents in folder. This is a graduation requirement.
Finish up your t-shirt design and your VIP Tickets before you begin the next assignment
Create a flyer for your opening game which includes the following information:
Turn in electronically to the Inbox
Sign in to http://animoto.com. Please use your Gaggle email account and your
Make a video promoting your Opening Day. Use the following:
Promotional video requirements
Your video must promote your
Must be appropriate for school.
Must contain at least two text slides.
Must feature Opening Day activities.
Have fun and be creative. Great for other school projects,
Click on “Share”
Email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Today we will begin creating the First part of your Power Point Presentation. We will present these to the class as if you are making a presentation to the City Council of the city where your team is located. Click here for the Scoring Guide for this presentation.
Step 1: Start a new PPT presentation and add 8 NEW slides to the BEGINNING of your presentation.
Step 2: PPT 2007 Choose a "Slide Design" that compliments your team mascot/colors or create one of your own. On 2007, you can hide the background on the slides (your promotional video) you do not want it to appear.
PPT 2003 you need to click on "Format" and then click on "Background". You must then create a background for each slide in this portion of your presentation.
Step 3: Choose a simple transition for each slide (You must use the same transition when moving from slide to slide in this portion of your presentation.
Step 4: Add the following content and graphics to your slides
Step 5: Format the text and graphics on each slide. Animate appropriately. For example you may each event on Slide #3 to come in to the presentation individually.
Step 6: Use spell check
Finally, together we will go over the final formatting and timing of your presentation. You will want to rehearse your presentation with your PPT before giving it. Partner up with someone in the class and present to them. Give each other feedback about your presentation skills, as well as the overall appearance of your PPT.
Today you will be using Power Point to create a promotional video presentation. The video is added onto the last pages of the PowerPoint we started yesterday.
If you wish to use a song of your own (doesn’t work at school)...
Promotional video requirements
that relates to the pictures or song
Things to keep in mind: Slides need to be timed. Fast slide changes create a fast up beat feeling, slower changes create drama. However, if your timing is off, your video will seem rushed or it will drag. Preview your timings. You can change each slide timing individually.
Extra Credit: You can include extra items like edited music, video, voice over. YOU would need to create these items at home and bring them in on a flash drive.
When you are finished save the song and the finished presentation in the folder you created.
Start Career and Income
Constable Tucker's Crime Statistics
*We completed the Reindeer, called Fireworks1 (10 points), the second assignment is to color another page on the list as Fireworks2 (10 points), and a third choice, if you want, for FireworksExtra (5 points).
This is a summary of the procedure, refer to the video at the top of the web page, linked above, for more detailed instructions.
Here is the pattern we discussed in class:
1. Select area with magic want to be recolored.
2. Select color, color, copy.
3. Layers, new, lock layer1, paste, rename new layer by color.
4. Select tool, bevel + emboss, inner bevel.
5. Lock new layer, unlock layer 1
We’ll start the web page project today. We’ll cover it together, then finish this up on Thursday or Friday, depending on when I have you next:
A topic (5 pts) (a small business webpage). If you can’t think of anything, create a lawn-mowing business
3 pages (5 pts)
(Use these pages or come up with your own)
1 main page
2 coupon page
3 price list
2 external hyperlinks. (3 pts)
400 words of text total (9 pts)
A coupon you make in Paint. (8pts)
Navigation to the other pages. (8 pts)
Background color change, font formatting change. (2 pts)
The web page project videos can be found:
We'll go back to the web page project tomorrow, lets do "Getting Familiar with the Drawing Toolbar" today.
Ask the students to start a new project called Flash 3, have it include the topic of their choice and:
Using what we covered in Flash 1 and 2, create:
1. 2 pictures
2. A shape tween
3. 2 keyframes
4. A classic tween that interacts with the two pictures, like the pencil with the lead.
*This is extra-credit, if you want this to count as Flash 2 or Flash 1, save it as Flash 2 or Flash 1, for extra, name it Flash 3
DT MOS PPT
New Word DreamTeam
We went on Google and searched for turkey cartoon, we drew out something simple in Photoshop, you can use Paint if Photoshop is unavailable. We went to publisher, chose 8 ½ x 11 in landscape view, added the turkey and Happy Thanks Giving and a message to a family member or friend.