#1 *First Day
Logging on, Fire Drills,
Complete lesson 1. Create a web page with your name, a picture off the Internet, and your own background color. Name it webpage1.
Create a web page with your name, a picture off the Internet, and your own
Create your own web page with:
Bold, italics, underline, marquee, a topic and paragraph of text.
*show this to the instructor. Name the web page file marquee.
#5 lesson 4
Show this to the instructor, call it 4_6.
Put your name in a rainbow and wave
Summative #1 Create a webpage, topic of your choicE, include:
font size change
font color change
#13 Lesson 12
For Lessons 11-13, while completing the lessons, create a web page with:
1. An email hyperlink
2. A recent news story picture that is a hyperlink without the blue border
3. A blank target
4. A word document that downloads.
Note, you need to open the picture and word document on these computers in order to then save it.
#14 Animal Applied web page including:
An animal as a topic, 1 or more special characters, 1 normal sized and one resized picture, and a blank target (a webpage that opens in a new window). The webpage should be able to stand alone, so a person can know what the web page is about and get a message from the page.
Create a web page with the topic of your favorite technology product, including the items covered in lessons 14-16. Examples might include Android cell phones or Iphones, an Irobot, Facebook, Google, GPS or any other technolgy that interests you.
The topic is a website about yourself, the student.
Restaurant Project, applied 14-16.
Pick a fast-food Restaurant or make up your own (four points for each item)
Draw a picture of the building, make it a hyperlink that gets bigger when you click on it.
Complete a bulleted and numbered list or a combination of both.
Include a blockquote of 2 lines or more of text, possibly talking about your restaurant; you need to make this up.
Include a pdf hyperlink.
Include a background change.
Lesson 17-18 tutorial
Include a table with:
Left aligned text
Right aligned text
Valign top or bottom centered picture
To support lessons 17-18 3 pictures of rainbows horizontally
Have width of 100 pixels for each picture
valign 1 picture on the top
Make a table on books.
Have a title + five books
Have something vertically and horizontally centered
Have at least 7 cells
Have at least 7 rows
Have a picture
For the remaining 3 points, pick 2 previously used tags like Bold, Background Color Change, Italic, background picture, special character. Add a new tag that we haven't used before, like a drop down list (1). Point them out when I check it.
Copy the pictures and make the links work, square with pre tag, anchor link and definition list
Put your initials in a table
Create a table with:
A title row
5 rows below the title
two columns below the title
5 rows merged on the right column using rowspan
5 links on the left that change 5 pictures on the right
A background color change
Work on turning yesterday’s project into a 5 page website.
Ordered or unordered list on the left, picture on the right, table within a table within a table below.
*Musicians or a specific musician
1. Rowspan and Colspan used
2. A picture in a table
3. A paragraph of text, in a table
4. Italics and or bold tag, in a table
5. Unordered List
6. 2 hyperlinks
8. Use Rules="none" or "cols" or "rows"
9. Use Cellpadding or Cellspacing
Create a table with a topic of food or make-up, or the Oscar's, or Justin Beber.
1. 6+ cells, 2+ rows
2. Change cell height to 75 pixels or more, width to 75 pixels or more.
3. Align right and center, so it is easy to tell you used that tag.
4. valign top and bottom
5. A border
HTML Applied Part 4
Show me this
Applied Exercises Part 5 ***Exercise 6, listed under Part 5, is extra, but different than Part 6b below.
Part 6b, the Pie Project, it is 3 pages that look so similar, they look like one.
Web Mock Up Assignment
Work on Web Mock up, we’ll present it for 20 points on Thursday.
Work on Web Mock up, we’ll present it Monday the 29th, volunteers, extra credit, required Tuesday.
Present Web Mock Up
Alter lesson 3 to include:
1. Change the text so you have enough text to scroll.
2. Make background picture stationary, so text scrolls over picture.
3. Add a different picture, other than the butterfly.
4. Have the picture right or bottom or centered
5. Have a heading color other than red or black
6. Have a heading background color change, from orange
7. Have a background color change
Create a simple web page with an article copied off an internet news site that includes:
-monospace in h1
-Use font style, use oblique and italic and normal
-Have an example of small caps
-Use font-weight: bold; or heavier
-Have an example of font-size that is approximately twice the size of the smaller font.
-Show me using View, Text size, Larger
Lets make either a table with 7 rows or an unordered or ordered wish list with at least 7 lines.
1. Letter spacing
2. Upper case
3. Capitalization (capit ali ze the first letter of each word)
4. Have an indented heading- name at the end
5. A text decoration change (line over, line under, or line through)
6. Text- ali gn something so it lines up on the right or center, title centered (example).
*November 4, 2014, we put together 4 and 5 with the topic of Puppies or Star Wars.
Lessons 1-5 Application Project: Pandas or Rock Music
Make a website about your Pandas or Rock Music or I-594. If you have a different idea that is compatible with the requirements, run it by me individually.
Include, using what CSS we have learned so far:
Topic, Hunting or Animals
Include these links:
A text decoration change
A background color change
A font color change
A text transform change
3-Page Holiday or Hobby Web Site
New for November 2014
Create a Pokemon Flash assignment called flash2 include:
1 shape tween and 2 motion tweens, at least 3 layers and 80 frames.
-------not completed below, 2014------
Flash Project 1
1 shape tween
2+ motion tweens
Flash Project 2
Choose your own topic, include at least:
1 shape tween
2+ motion tweens
Topic or story
November 24, 2014------------
Finish a 3 page Pokemon web page that includes:
3 pages hyperlinked together (3 pts each)
2 Flash Movies (Insert, Media, SWF), if you don't have an SWF File, open your flash movie, then go to Control, Test Movie. (7.5 pts each)
(2 pts) Logo
Background (1 pt)
Text on all 3 pages, can get it from Wikipedia
Have a picture or Flash Movie on all 3 pages
Make a simple web page in Dreamweaver, add Flash movie. We’ll do this together. Video of this project
Create 4 web pages under a subtopic, so if Music was the topic, the webpages might be Emo, Jazz, metal, and Rap. Add a table, insert the prior flash project. It is 3 points for each webpage, (12 points), 2 points for the table, 3 for the flash, 3 for using a main topic, 20 total.
Lesson 8 Grouping of elements ()
Class Id Span and Div Applied
Select a topic with 8 or more items that you can divide into equal groups, like 4 local schools in Snohomish and 4 in Everett.
Create a webpage using a style sheet that has (make a new stylesheet):
1. Have a a Class or Div is a unique color, ex red
2. Have a second Class or Div that is a unique color, ex yellow
3. Use an ID or Span to make one or more of one group stand out. Perhaps one of the schools is blue and the others are red.
4. 4 extra for using Class and ID and Span and Div
Presidential Border Project
1. Write 3 sentences about your favorite President and put a 3 different border styles, widths, and color changes using 3 different tags (h1, h2, h3, p, ul). *Include one incomplete border.
2. Change the paragraph or body margins as in lesson 10.
3. Find a picture and include it on the website however you want.
All work assigned before today must be turned in today by 2:12.
News Project (3 pages)
1. Look up a local news story with a picture and float the text around the picture on a website. Change the margins and color, so it has a good appearance (try to finish this part today). Have a hyperlink to the second page.
2. Include a hyperlink to another page, for example, “columns”. On the columns page present a news story in columns (try to finish this part Thursday).
3. Have a link to a 3rd page with the text below the picture using the clear property (start this part Friday).
Work on Disaster website.
#7 For 1.1, add notes:
For the “frames,” part of the lesson, which don’t exist on Fireworks 5:
Open the “menu” file.
Choose the states menu (go windows, states, if you don’t see it), click on “new”.
Right click on State 1 and add state 2
Go File, Import, choose Overmenu.
Drag it out.
Go to state 1.
Choose the slice tool, select one button, go to window, behaviors.
Choose the plus sign, swap image.
Choose preview, see if it works, go back to original, complete the other buttons.
1.5, drawing software
#8 Check off 1.1
#11 Lesson 1.3
For 1.3, choose A or B or C, save it as a word document, submit it do the inbox (I’ll have to cover the inbox in class, so if you finish it in advance, please wait until I cover it).
Make a 4-Page Dreamweaver website, all linked together using a Spry Toolbar, include a Flash Movie, a topic, and at least 3 external links. 30 points.
Part 7 b, c, d ----
#35 *Start this is you finish the Mock-Up Assignment
Super Big Project
Get up through
Lesson 21 (we are doing this now to give you a template for the Super Big Project. Type it up and I’ll check it off for 10 points.
And look at:
Make a table with a column on the left that has two links, one referring to cell padding and cell spacing that shows up on the right, the other using rowspan and/or colspan.